Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: Big stone gap food lion

  1. #21
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    I have never had any problems at Food City. All the employees treat me well. I always get a smile from the cashiers and people will help me if I ask. Of course, Food Lion was the same. Taught a couple of them and they were good kids. Maybe it is how we treat others as they can sense a virtue come out of them. Also Food City is an excellent corporate citizen. They donate lots of things to fund raisers and have not turned not any of them.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  2. #22
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Always liked Food Lion. They were always really polite.

  3. #23
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Here is an example of why I don't like to shop at Wal-Mart. FC is just a Wal-Mart wanttobe, same attitude.
    That's the way almost all big corps are these days. VZ is far worse than WM. But they're all that way to some degree.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Quote Originally Posted by retiredteach View Post
    I have never had any problems at Food City. All the employees treat me well. I always get a smile from the cashiers and people will help me if I ask. Of course, Food Lion was the same. Taught a couple of them and they were good kids. Maybe it is how we treat others as they can sense a virtue come out of them. Also Food City is an excellent corporate citizen. They donate lots of things to fund raisers and have not turned not any of them.
    Have you ever thought of the fact that everyone knows that you are a town councilman?

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    But that doesn't mean that we have to just accept it and fall into line with the rest of the sheeple. Just because they are a large corporation doesn't mean they should be allowed to make people work without pay.

    Everything FC does, they do for FC. It might look good on the exterior, but that's because it's is suppose to.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    I've had several poor customer service issues at the Food City in Wise. I think I've pegged down where the problem is coming from. it seems to be more of a personnel problem than a corporate-wide problem since that problem doesn't exist at BSG FC. I do have to go there from time to time to get a certain kind of dog food for one of the dogs. If the BSG FC carried it I'd just buy it there instead, since I know I can get in and out without any hassle.

    Food City isn't where I shop on a regular basis, but sometimes I go to get things some of the other stores dont carry or I'll go because I'm nearby and I need something. But for all my grocery shopping it's a little bit too pricey and they dont carry as much variety as WalMart.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    I would dare say that none of those young folks who work at Food City in Big Stone are aware that I serve on the Town Council. I was in there this morning and everyone I saw spoke to me. I also was in Ingles this morning and have had no problems. I usually go to the most convient place. The only reason I went to FC in Big Stone was because I forgot a few things at Ingles. Hazard of getting older.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    I shop at the FL in Gate City regularly...I don't think it's gion' anywhere cuz it stays busy constantly. I absolutely HATE Food City and Wal-Mart both. If I can find it anywhere else, I don't go to either of those stores...they have both destroyed small town economies across the nation.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member dubltop's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2007
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Food Lions problems started many years ago. They were caught doing the same things that Wal Mart does, and worse....such as re-packaging meats, seafood, grinding old steaks into hamburger meat, picking stuff up off the floor and selling it. Treating empoyees like dirt.

    Food Lion made people work off the clock on a daily basis, some that didn't work off the clock had to work split shifts. Come in at 9am work until 11am then go home until they called you back to work the evening rush for a couple hrs. Food Lion got the big head then got exposed......probably by a undercover employee for Wall Mart, LOL. Some ex Food Lion employees were contacted years later and re embursed for the hours that they worked off the clock.

    Food city wants to be Wal Mart so bad they can't stand it. FC has hired most of the Food Lion managers in for some reason....why hire managers from a failed business, unless they know some tricks to cut expenses. (see above) Wal Mart and FC are bitter rivals all the way up to the owners...if you notice, Wal Mart (Lowes) are within a couple miles of most of the new Food City stores.

    Food city does donate some but some product is donated to them first by the vendors that work the store....such as Coke, Pepsi, Fritolay, Moores, little Debbie, Kraft, Nabisco, ect. However, FC will take all the credit. Thats like McDs taking up donations, then giving it to a charity of their choice and acting like it came from their budgets.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Deano68's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2009
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Big stone gap food lion

    Wal-Mart is pretty pricey on their groceries.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •